Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Arguing With the LORD

Today was not a fun day for my wife. It turned out to be her turn for jury duty. She asked me to get her up this morning when I got up around 5:00 am. Needless to say, she was not a happy camper. I didn’t know it until later, but she had been up all night with some kind of stomach bug and didn’t get in bed till around 3:00 this morning. I got up, got dressed and had my coffee with my morning devotions and prayed real hard for Sue because I knew she was going to be one ill puppy this day. As it turned out, I saw her in the bathroom light and it didn’t look good. She had already started gripping and complaining about how to get out of jury duty somehow some way. There just had to be a way.

I really felt sorry for her knowing how bad she really felt but, down deep in my heart I knew that if the LORD didn’t want her to go, He would have made a way for her to avoid it altogether. This wasn’t the case. As it came closer to time to leave, I gave her a big hug and a kiss and said that there was a definite reason for the LORD wanting her to be there in that courtroom today. I could hear her dropping things in the bathroom and slamming drawers in the bedroom. It was going to be a rough day.

I went on to work and wanted to call and check on her but I knew she would have her cell phone turned off, so I just prayed for her all day. A little after lunch time I got the call I was looking for. She was just amazed at the way the LORD had orchestrated her day and come to find out when it came time to either swear in or by affirmation, she was the only one in the court room to affirm to tell the truth and avoid swearing on the Holy Bible. As soon as she stood up, others in the room soon followed her lead and started popping up all over that court room. When she told me all about it, it brought tears to my eyes and I praised the LORD for an opportunity for Sue to stand up for her LORD.

During the day at the court house she was still feeling poorly, but you know the LORD walked with her all day long and introduced her to new Christians who very soon became her new friends. Sue told me she even had an opportunity to do some grief counseling with one of her new acquaintances that was struggling with having to put her mother in a rest home just to watch her pass away soon. The guilt was tremendous on that lady and Sue had just the right words straight from the LORD. God is so good to us and even when we feel bad and gripe and complain, the LORD knows just what will be the right medicine we need. He always knows what’s best for His child.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, He does know what is best for His child and His grace is sufficient, but sometimes we have to actually get through the trial before we can "see" that He had a purpose for it. I'm also grateful for His long suffering to allow His children an occasional tantrum.

    ReplyDelete